Market Data Analyst
25 Mar 2019
We are the central nervous system of global finance.
Born in 1981, Bloomberg is a forward-looking company focused on building products and solutions that are needed for the 21st century. As a global information and technology company, we connect decision makers to a dynamic network of data, people and ideas - accurately delivering business and financial information, news and insights to customers around the world.
19,000 employees in 176 locations around the world - Bloomberg Careers
5,000+ technologists and software engineers - Tech at Bloomberg
5,000 stories a day in more than 120 countries - Bloomberg News
325,000 subscriptions globally - Bloomberg Professional service
Bloomberg runs on data, and our Global Data department is responsible for acquiring it and supplying it to our clients. Our Market Data Analysts collect, analyse, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal- the data which ultimately moves the financial universe. They apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies, and they implement technology solutions to improve our systems, products and processes- and all this while providing platinum customer support to our customers.
You're the type of person who has a passion for taking raw numbers and turning them into actionable insights. Your friends all know you as someone with a true interest in technology, who likes nothing more than spotting a creative way to improve a process. You have a natural eye for detail, and an interest in the financial markets. You are independent and determined, but thrive as part of a team. You enjoy dealing with people, and you're that person who knows what customer service really means.
We'll trust you to:
• Acquire, update, maintain and process financial data using various internal systems and proprietary company software
• Come up with innovative ways to enhance our systems and to make our data-related processes more efficient, accurate and timely
• Participate in time-sensitive projects, and collaborate with your global colleagues to deliver new initiatives
• Partner closely with internal departments such as Sales, Analytics, News and Engineering
• Provide a platinum level of service to Bloomberg customers
What's in it for you?
• Comprehensive training giving you a thorough overview of financial concepts, various data sets, and of course our state-of-the-art Bloomberg terminal
• Gain in-depth, hands-on experience of one particular market sector (For example: Company Financials)
• Opportunity to gain exposure to and interact with key market players in business and finance
• Make a true business impact on our products and clients our data moves markets!
• Real potential for exciting and varied career progression
• Interest in, and knowledge or experience of financial statements and the financial markets
• Prior experience of data research or process engineering
• Fluency in one or more Asian languages
Required Skills and Abilities
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
• Excellent numerical and communication skills
• Business fluency in English
• A positive attitude with good inter-personal skills
• The ability to multi-task, prioritise and work to tight deadlines
• Meticulous attention to detail, with an aptitude for working quickly and accurately
• Strong project management, problem solving and analytical skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, with some advanced technical knowledge and experience (VBA, SQL, Python, MATLAB, R)
BestTop Related Mentor
Do not know which type of candidate this employer is looking for?
Do not know how to customize resume to this specific job position?
Do not know how to crack the interview and standout in this role?
Contact BestTop mentors now. The cost of a meal may get you to your dream job! Log on to www.BestTopCareer.com for more information.