09 January 2018
HSBC Holdings plc is a British multinational banking and financial services holding company, tracing its origin to a hong in Hong Kong. It is the world's seventh largest bank by total assets and the largest in Europe with total assets of US$2.374 trillion (as of December 2016). It was established in its present form in London in 1991 by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation to act as a new group holding company. The origins of the bank lie mainly in Hong Kong and to a lesser extent in Shanghai, where branches were first opened in 1865. The HSBC name is derived from the initials of the Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation. The company was first formally incorporated in 1866. The company continues to see both the United Kingdom and Hong Kong as its "home markets".
- Evaluate the quality of the client information gather and consolidated for the client onboarding, customer due diligence and KYC
- To guide the relationship managers and client service executives in identifying and documenting the information required to satisfy the Bank’s KYC due diligence policies and processes
- Executes and reviews negative media alerts, and performs sanction and PEP screening
- Check for discrepancies between the information held in the customer’s documentation and profile on the system
- Reviews and validated the quality of the due diligence and Know Your Customer information on the bank’s customers, in line with HSBC policies at on boarding and periodic reviews
- Work with the CDD Advisor when additional guidance on CDD policy is required
- Adhering strictly to compliance and operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC and regulatory standards, policies and practices, escalating control weaknesses.
- Ideally some working knowledge of AML, regulatory compliance within the banking and financial services industry.
- Strong teamwork initiative
- Good research and communication skills
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Internet Explorer.
- University graduate preferably with degree in Banking or relevant work experience within CDD and AML
- Strong English fluency and written skills
Interested to join our weekly job post digest? Click here
BestTop Related Mentor
Do not know which type of candidate this employer is looking for?
Do not know how to customize resume to this specific job position?
Do not know how to crack the interview and standout in this role?
Contact BestTop mentors now. The cost of a meal may get you to your dream job! Log on to www.BestTopCareer.com for more information.