Internship Program – Global Consumer Bank – Citi (posted on 15 November 2016)
Banking & Finance
15 November 2016
Citibank represents the consumer banking operations of financial services giant Citigroup. The unit has more than 1,000 branches in about a dozen US states. California and Texas are its largest markets, but the bank also has a significant presence in the Northeast, as well as in Chicago and Miami. It has about 300 international locations in some 40 countries, with a focus on emerging markets in Asia, Latin America, and Central and Eastern Europe. Citibank provides standard banking fare such as deposit accounts, credit cards, and loans to consumers and small businesses, and utilizes its parent's breadth of financial services to also offer investment and financial planning services.
Citi is looking for penultimate year students to join the Global Consumer Bank (GCB) Summer program. GCB operates three main businesses in Singapore: Credit Payment Products, Retail Banking and Secured Finance Solutions. The program aims to select the best students to build a pipeline of candidates for our full time Consumer Bank MA Program. It is an opportunity for you to experience Citi; you will be part of a structured 12 weeks’ internship program to gain deep expertise depending on the location that you applied to.
We provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to succeed. We're committed to teaching you the ropes. The summer program trains and cultivates key pipeline for our full time program, interns will be experiencing structured classroom training and mentoring. The Summer program normally starts with intensive training that will provide essential skills knowledge as well as a comprehensive orientation to Citi's culture. After initial training; participants will rotate across business areas to gain a comprehensive understanding of Citi.
The full time Program is dedicated to giving future business leaders a complete view of Citi's business. Through rotations and career development programming; Associates can expect to finish the program with deep expertise in Consumer Banking as well as operational intricacies of Citi. Managed rotations could be within these business areas:
- Retail Banking
- Consumer Lending
- Marketing Products
- Sales and Distribution
- Risk Management
- Human Resources
- You will also build skills in:
- Strategic Thinking
- Sales and Marketing
- You are a penultimate year student pursuing an Undergraduate degree in any discipline, from a top academic institution and are on track to graduating with 2nd Upper Class honours (or equivalent).
- You have demonstrated strong leadership; teamwork; and communication skills
- You have a strong understanding of the global banking landscape and place a priority on client service
- You have knowledge of at least one Asian language (preferred; but not required)
Extensive work experience is not a requirement; but dedication to learning and a true passion for the business are vital. As industries all over the globe continue to restructure and grow; we are hiring professionals who have a global perspective on the future of banking; and want to make an impact on the corporate level. We value diversity and so do you. We'll also be looking for the following:
- Commitment to personal growth and career development; a strong desire to learn; and success in team environments
- Knowledge of the global or domestic business landscape (preferred; but not required)
- Strong communication; planning; and organizational skills
- Analytical and quantitative skills
- Desire to develop a deep understanding of the financial industry
- Unquestioned commitment to integrity and ethical decision-making
BestTop Related Mentor
Do not know which type of candidate this employer is looking for?
Do not know how to customize resume to this specific job position?
Do not know how to crack the interview and standout in this role?
Contact BestTop mentors now. The cost of a meal may get you to your dream job! Log on to www.BestTopCareer.com for more information.