Internship Program – Client Solution – Standard Chartered (posted on 17 November 2016)
Banking & Finance
17 November 2016
Standard Chartered is a leading international banking group. It has operated for over 150 years in some of the world's most dynamic markets and earns around 90 per cent of its income and profits in Asia, Africa and the Middle East. This geographic focus and commitment to developing deep relationships with clients and customers has driven the Bank's growth in recent years. Standard Chartered PLC is listed on the London and Hong Kong stock exchanges as well as the Bombay and National Stock Exchanges in India.
With 1,700 offices in 68 markets, the Group offers exciting and challenging international career opportunities for 89,000 staff. It is committed to building a sustainable business over the long term and is trusted worldwide for upholding high standards of corporate governance, social responsibility, environmental protection and employee diversity. Standard Chartered’s heritage and values are expressed in its brand promise, 'Here for good'.
The Client Solutions Team (CST) is part of Standard Chartered Bank’s Commercial Banking department, responsible for the strategic and value-added initiatives with SCB’s top corporate clients across Southeast Asia through offering a suite of advisory, M&A, debt financing, debt capital market transactions, and all corporate finance products within the bank.
We are looking for an intern to join the team for a 6 month period (January - August 2017). The intern will assist on originating and executing key strategic projects, financing and M&A activities across a wide range of sectors for the bank’s top clients, including:
1) M&A: Origination and advisory on clients’ M&A initiatives including buy-side and sell-side opportunities
2) Funding: Analysis and advisory on funding options available to clients, including specialized financing (acquisition, bridge, structured loans), capital markets (debt and quasi-debt), syndicated loans, etc
3) Capital structure analysis and advisory
4) Strategic reviews
1. Assist in preparation of materials including pitch books across M&A, Debt & Corporate finance transactions, information memoranda, prospectuses, and credit notes
2. Financial modelling and business valuation
3. Collect, review and analyze financial and other information from public and private sources
4. Sector and company research
5. Due diligence before and during transactions
1. Strong work ethic and ability to excel in both team and self-directed tasks
2. Superior analytical aptitude, detail orientation, creative problem solving abilities and excellent communication skills
3. Solid technique skills in financial analysis and building models
4. Familiar with the preparation of pitch books and other marketing materials for various deals
5. Highly motivated with a strong record of academic achievement
6. Relevant working experience in investment banking, Corporate Finance, Equity Research or any relevant internship before will be preferred
7. Penultimate/Final Year Preferred
8. Good academic track record with at least 2nd class honors in any discipline are welcome to apply as long as above applies
BestTop Related Mentor
Do not know which type of candidate this employer is looking for?
Do not know how to customize resume to this specific job position?
Do not know how to crack the interview and standout in this role?
Contact BestTop mentors now. The cost of a meal may get you to your dream job! Log on to www.BestTopCareer.com for more information.