Graduate Program – Portfolio Services – Schroders (posted on 18 November 2016)
18 November 2016
30 November 2016
At Schroders, asset management is our only business and our goals are completely aligned with those of our clients - the creation of long-term value to assist them in meeting their future financial requirements. We manage £375.0 billion (€433.5 billion/US$487.1 billion) on behalf of institutional and retail investors, financial institutions and high net worth clients from around the world, invested in a broad range of active strategies across equities, fixed income, multi-asset, alternatives and real estate. We employ over 3,600 talented people worldwide operating from 37 offices in 27 different countries across Europe, the Americas, Asia, Africa and the Middle East, close to the markets in which we invest and close to our clients. Schroders has developed under stable ownership for over 200 years and long-term thinking governs our approach to investing, building client relationships and growing our business
As a graduate trainee with Schroders, you have the opportunity to immerse into the various operational teams in Portfolio Services. In the process, you will gain new skills, be involved in innovative projects and implement solutions. Your abilities will be stretched as we assign you to work on initiatives under a time critical environment.
Together with your graduate peers, you will join an internal training program introducing various aspects of the Investment Management business and the technology that supports it.
After the completion of your initial training, you will start your rotation program. You will also be enrolled in relevant technical & business courses to advance your professional development.
By the end of the program, you would have attained a broad understanding of the different disciplines within Portfolio Services and take on a key position within the Derivative Operations team.
Your primary objective is to support the investment managers.
Graduate with strong academic records, including a 2:1 honors degree or above/equivalent.
- Highly motivated individual who has a genuine interest in the financial services industry
- Produces exceptional quality of work demonstrating precision and structure.
- Works well in a team to achieve group goals and can perform independently on individual assignments.
- Strong analytical skills. Capable of applying intelligent, insightful and practical judgement to the area of work.
- Able to articulate and engage stakeholders of all levels.
- Past experiences collaborating outside the classroom are viewed favorably, e.g. volunteer work, key role in team sports, business partners, etc.
- Computer skills - proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
BestTop Related Mentor
Do not know which type of candidate this employer is looking for?
Do not know how to customize resume to this specific job position?
Do not know how to crack the interview and standout in this role?
Contact BestTop mentors now. The cost of a meal may get you to your dream job! Log on to www.BestTopCareer.com for more information.