Graduate Program – Information Technology and Operations – BNP Paribas (posted on 14 November 2016)
Banking & Finance
14 November 2016
31 January 2016
In Asia Pacific, the BNP Paribas Group is a leading employer with more than 12,000 employees and a presence in 14 markets. Being one of the largest international banking networks, we strive to employ talented and innovative people who are aligned to our vision and culture.
The Graduate Program is a comprehensive 24-month program designed to equip graduates with the technical skills and individual competencies to embark upon a successful career within the BNP Paribas Group. This opportunity includes a formal mentoring program, graduate community initiatives, relevant technical training and on- the- job learning from our senior managers and highly experienced team members.
In Asia Pacific, Information Technology and Operations (ITO) covers 2 broad areas:
1. Projects and Application Support
2. Operations and Process Improvement
Our technology professionals are responsible for developing, implementing, supporting and maintaining cutting-edge applications across the business as well as managing our security and working within regulatory requirements to decrease our operational risk. Their key objective is to apply expertise in technology to business problems and deliver high quality, practical solutions.
Operations professionals work with every business area to develop the processes and structures that deliver smooth, accurate and timely completion of all transactions. Their work enables the bank to conduct business globally, supporting, enhancing and optimizing the performance of the other divisions and helping to integrate new acquisitions smoothly.
It is expected that the graduate will acquire knowledge/understanding of ITO and develop the overall skills set required to successfully contribute to the business. Your responsibilities may include, but is not limited to, the following tasks:
- Design, validate and implement end-to end transaction process workflow
- Perform documentation monitoring and control tasks (credit facility and related terms and condition validation, pending items follow, etc); provide alert to business lines and credit risk control department on irregularities
- Handle internal and external customer inquiries effectively and escalate when necessary
- Identify functional gaps on the platform and ensure solutions are developed & implemented as per client/ business expectation
- Maintain proper documentation of all changes and proper management reporting
- Follow up on process improvement initiatives implemented through the set-up of flow monitoring tools, fine tuning the process as necessary
- Establish regular communication channels with Management and project stakeholders through reports, project and steering committee meetings
- To liaise and coordinate with internal business units to ensure operations and applications run smoothly
- Follow up with clients on unclear/missing instructions, documents, etc.
- Other duties assigned by management as requested
- Main business contact for day-to-day technology issues / requirements for the trading and sales business
- Working hand-in-hand with Front & Middle Office to support from an application perspective
- Develop key expertise on the suite of applications, working with regional/global teams
- Participate in key projects for expansion of the business to ensure seamless implementation
- Support and maintenance of applications including standby (night/ weekend support), analysis of issue functional specification, deployment of any fix in production of issues
- Management and tracking of daily production problems; ensure effective and timely resolution and communications to the client; report bugs back to overseas development team
- Conduct system testing and perform deployment or upgrade of critical applications
- Ensuring the operate stability of the application suite and making sure that system capacity is actively managed
- Ensure adequate performance and operation of the systems and diagnose/address problems
- Coordination with various stake-holders (Users, Maintenance Team, Other Teams) could be involved (Security, Middleware, windows …)
- Other duties assigned by management as requested
- Your Training ProgramBNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with over 189,000 employees. It ranks highly in its two core activities: Retail Banking and Services as well as Corporate & Institutional Banking.
Students who have recently graduated or graduating in 2017 from all areas of disciplines are most welcome to apply. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Takes initiative and is results driven
- Strong decision making and analytical skills
- Act with integrity
- Ability to manage change and complexity with confidence
- Strong team player
- Client focused and commercial thinking
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated and genuine interest in Banking and Finance
- Proficiency in Microsoft office (MS Word, Excel & Power point)
- Prior related internship within the banking industry is an advantage
- Degree Holder in Computer Science, Information Technology or Information Systems with good financial product knowledge is preferred (for Technology roles)
BestTop Related Mentor
Do not know which type of candidate this employer is looking for?
Do not know how to customize resume to this specific job position?
Do not know how to crack the interview and standout in this role?
Contact BestTop mentors now. The cost of a meal may get you to your dream job! Log on to www.BestTopCareer.com for more information.